|SBS STC Ferozepur is running B. Tech. program in Electrical Engineering since 2003 with
intake of 60 students and 12 more seats through lateral entry and M. Tech (Electrical Engg.) regular AICTE approved programme since 2015 with intake of 18 students. The vision and mission of the
department is:|| |
Ms. Anupam Mittal (HOD EE)
|Vision of the Department
To be identified as preferred destination for
professional studies responsive to industrial and societal needs of the country.
Mission of the Department
- To provide the students a strong theoretical foundation and practical exposure in the field
of Electrical Engineering with emphasis on professional conduct, critical thinking and team work.
- To produce highly motivated quality graduates who can contribute in higher education, research
and industry for the benefit of society.
- Imbibing versatility, adaptability and yearning for excellence amongst the students with highest
ethical values as their inner strength.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Technical Accomplishments: Demonstrate the fundamental principles, knowledge and skills to design, develop, evaluate and operate basic electrical engineering systems for the solution of problems in an economical, efficient, safe, and environmentally acceptable manner.
- Innovation and Creativity: To make graduates utilize their skills and resourcefulness to invent, design and realize novel technology; to involve in understanding and implementing new ideas in the engineering profession, research and higher studies.
- Professional Development: To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional morals and codes of professional practice.
- Communication and Teamwork: Ability to communicate effectively and to interact professionally with others at the work place and to develop team workmanship to function productively on multidisciplinary group projects.
- Ethics and Social Values: To make the students sensitive towards human, social and ethical values.
- Ability to analyze the problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements for its solution, apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Capabilities to design, implement, and evaluate the problems in the areas of electrical engineering i.e. power, control, machines, energy and Instrumentation to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health & safety and environmental aspects.
- Skills to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, use modern tools, skills and techniques for electrical engineering problems.
- Aptitude to participate, contribute and succeed in competitive examinations and take up higher studies in leading universities in India and abroad.
- Understanding of professional, legal, security, ethical, cultural and social issues and responsibilities; and ability to foresee the impact of engineering solutions on individuals, organizations and society.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and to function efficiently individually and in teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary manpower, to accomplish common goals.
- Understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and a leader in a team to manage projects and to engage in continuing professional development.
|All faculty and staff members are intend to fulfill the vision and mission of the department.
The department is producing world class graduates since its inception. The infrastructure and laboratories are
upgraded time to time with state-of-art facilities. Department of Electrical Engineering is being headed
by Dr. Kultar Deep Singh. He is Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering from Thapar University, Patiala with
specialization in Power Systems.|